Welcome to our ILCA (Laser) Fleet at Portage Yacht Club on Portage Lake near Pinckney, Michigan. We hope that you’ll join us for some competitive racing, fun sailing to hone your skills whether beginner or expert, and a welcoming camaraderie.
Schedule for 2022:
- Weekly Fleet racing is set to start Tuesday evenings May 24th thru early September. Multiple races are sailed per evening, with a weekly gathering following the racing at a local pub to wind down. NOR Here.
Special Invitational Events planned during 2022:
- The 6-week early-season Laser Invitational Racing Series also starts May 24. Sailors from around the community are invited to join in with the fleet for 6 consecutive Tuesday evenings thru June 28. While the local Fleet members accrue scores toward their season series, all participants accrue scores for the simultaneous Invitational. NOR Here.
- Slalom Invitational - a one-on-one round-robin series on Sunday, June 12. NOR Here.
- Our 48th annual No Sweat Invitational Regatta is on Saturday, Sept 24. NOR Here.
- Our Fleet was established in the early 1970’s soon after the boat was created, with weekly race participation since then. Our annual fall No Sweat regatta has been a tradition ever since, with 2024 planned to be our 50th. Summer of 2018 we began our Six-week Tuesday Evening Invitational Series. Fall of 2021 we Launched our Fleet website that you are enjoying. Here.
Training and outreach:
- On any given evening on land, or on the water, we are always ready to share tips that with practice, can tame your Laser making it easier to handle and a maybe sail a bit faster.
- Please go to our Take Action page Here and let us know about you. While there you can also request information from being on our regatta email list, to subscribing to our club newsletter, to joining our sailing/racing program, or ask a question.
Also visit our News / Links page on this website for a wide range of sailing and racing information here