Welcome to our ILCA/Laser Fleet at Portage Yacht Club on Portage Lake near Pinckney, Michigan. We hope that you’ll join us for some competitive racing, fun sailing to hone your skills whether beginner or expert.
Schedule for 2024:
- Weekly Fleet racing is set to start Thursday evenings mid-May thru mid-September. Multiple races are sailed per evening, with a gathering following the racing at a local pub to wind down.
Special Invitational Events planned during 2024:
- Thursday evening racing and social time. The 6-week early-season Laser Invitational Racing Series starts late-May. Sailors from around the community are invited to join in with the fleet for 6 consecutive Thursday evenings thru June. While the local Fleet members accrue scores toward their season series, all participants accrue scores for the simultaneous Invitational with a social time afterwards.
- Slalom Invitational - a one-on-one, round-robin series, on Sunday, June 9.
- Our 50th No Sweat Invitational Regatta, Saturday, September 21.
- Our Fleet was established in the early 1970’s soon after the boat was created, with weekly race participation. Our annual fall No Sweat regatta has been a tradition ever since, with this year our 50th. Summer of 2018 we began our Six-week weekday evening Invitational Series (now on Thursdays). Fall of 2021 we Launched our Fleet website that you are enjoying Here.
Training and outreach:
- On any given evening on land, or on the water, we are always ready to share tips that with practice, can tame your Laser making it easier to handle and sail a bit faster.
- Please go to our Take Action page Here and let us know about you, or ask any questions. While there you can also request information from being on our regatta email list, to subscribing to our Club's sailor/racer newsletter "The Mainsheet", to joining our sailing/racing program, repairing your boat, etc.
Also, visit our News / Links page on this website for a wide range of sailing and racing information from local, to national, to world wide here